Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Challenge #2 - Karen's take on Lifting Yourself

 So, to the right is the first layout I ever did - at my first Creative Memories party no less. Not a lot to it, huh? But, this is where the dedication to - and eventual obsession with -  documenting life's moments with pictures and words began. I struggled with how to lift this- there was no thought of design, balance, cohesiveness, etc when I did this. In fact, it took years and years before I took an interest in design principles at all :P  But, I finally did it: the next layout was done with carnival pics (again) and EP Walk in the Park papers (again- at this point, I've decided to do all the carnival pics in this line :P). I also used Lil David designs epoxy stickers, American Crafts Foam which I colored with a Sharpie to adjust the color, a Zig marker, and CM letter stickers.  Basically, all my embellies have been in my stash for years- so, another blast from the past. The journaling talks about how unusual it was for my oh-so-cautious child to take to this spiderman "activity" so well and with so little fear. He's a lot braver now at
almost 7 then he was 2 years ago at barely 5   :)

2 comments:

  1. very cute! i love the line! and this is a super cute lo! way to go lifting yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete